Sunday, February 6, 2011

Circuits

So, I went to Circuits on Friday and was the only person who showed up. This was my first time going. So, Thadd spent most of the time that we were stretching, telling me the origins of Circuits and his personal goals for what each person in the program will use Circuits for. And then he asked me what characters I am playing this semester. When I said Thurio, we began to discuss the physicality of the character. We discussed bowing and other physical gestures the character might use. He suggested that I figure out an arrangement of motions used in, lets say, greeting the Duke. He encouraged me to practice them, trying to turn them into smooth motions. So that they look like movements Thurio has been doing all his life by the time I put them on stage.

I had never before thought of how to develop the physicality of the character. These are all thing, I have been thinking about since Friday. And just because I have now had these thoughts, does not mean that I necessarily know what how to act on them. So, I'll be trying things out.

In the mean time, I will continue to go to Circuits. I hope to see you all there (though if I don't, that means more one on one time with Thadd, which feels a little like having a personal trainer ^_^).

No comments:

Post a Comment