Sunday, February 27, 2011

Launce Un-Leashed

Today I worked with JP and the leash and it was really helpful. We, along with the help of AJ, were able to figure out some really funny bits. It's interesting how just a few very simple movements can help to make the leash look like it actually holds a dog. I'm still working on making all of the movements realistic, obviously, but I feel like it's starting to come together. I hope I feel the same way during rehearsal tomorrow.
I guess to point of this post is to sort of allow me to think about how holding the leash feels (I don't think 'feels' is exactly the right word, but I can't think of a better one at the moment). I realized today, with the help of JP, that making the movements realistic is all in the wrist--at least for the small things. Having Crab look around or walk forward is a movement in the wrist. Having Crab get away from me or when I stop noticing him is when the rest of the arm gets involved.
Does anyone else use any sort of "props" in this show? Are you having difficulties or making discoveries with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment