Monday, February 28, 2011

Unity

I was very glad to see how well the cast supported each other this afternoon. Everyone was very focused, and somehow we figured out how to get someone on book most of the time. No one vanished (as far as I know) for long periods of time, if they weren't onstage, but simply ran their lines or watched the show.
Because of the nature of this blog, I've noticed it's taken the form of something like our REN 510 discussion board. People post questions... but I haven't seen a lot of answers. Is there some method for getting everyone on the same page, costume-wise? Is there a prop list?
Another observation I've had about this production (and other projects here at MBC) is that many of our costumes tend to be furnished from our own wardrobes. I don't have a very diverse wardrobe, and this limits my own choices. Perhaps there is a way to make other choices, such as the Wits' collection, more available or accessible? Are there other resources we have?

6 comments:

  1. I think the Wits' collection is available, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I was 'on-book' for the day I wrote whatever props were needed on the blank pages at the front of the prompt book and labeled the top of the sheet "PROPS." That prop list may just be the two things I wrote on the list, but we have the beginnings of one (sort of).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I too, was proud of how we all worked together. It seemed like everyone wanted everyone to succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To comment on the pride of Cast A... I second it all. I, too am thoroughly grateful for the tremendous support. Thanks to all who were on book and patient with me. I know we all hit walls, I just felt like I hit more than my fair share this last monday, especially in the second half. So, thanks. After my disasters, I'm far more resolved than before to work harder and properly carry my load.

    Thanks again guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...We're in Cast B, Jarom...

    But yes, good on ya, everyone. Onwards and upwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cast B is da bomb! Jarom, we all have rough days; you will kill it when you get to the show.

    ReplyDelete