Saturday, February 12, 2011

Musical Interludes?

I know we talked about this at the beginning of class and decided against musical interluding. However, I can't help thinking about Shakespeare without thinking of music anymore. There is music in the play itself. In fact, it is coming up this week! Does anybody have any thoughts about the Silvia song?

Also, does anybody think it might be fun to throw together two or three songs to play between the two shows? Just as a little breather? I think it would be fun, but that is just because I love to play music. Even if we don't end up playing anything, what songs, if any, have made you think of Two Gents? My top picks so far have been With or Without You by U2 and Old Letters by Company of Theives. I'd love to hear what you all are thinking!

3 comments:

  1. So far the songs that are the most appropriate to me are "Guy Love" from the Scrubs musical and "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stoppin' the Love" by KT Tunstall, "Cold Cold Water" by Mirah (definitely a Julia song), "Single" by Natasha Bedingfield (maybe for Silvia?), and "Do It Alone" by Sugarcult are the songs popping into my head for Two Gents.

    ReplyDelete