Monday, February 7, 2011

The Wonderful, the DASH-ing, Eglamour

All I know about this character is that he's fair and can run like Forest Gump. I'm inclined to comedy, always, so I would like to come out in full woodsman gear in 5.1 as an eager chauffeur and protector to Silvia for when she enters the woods. I, however, don't know how far to go with this character. It is a small role as like Antonio. How far am I allotted to go with these characters? Also, is anyone reading these blogs. I've asked questions with no replies.
I was wondering if I could be provided weaponry for Eglamour and what exactly are the thoughts on costuming? Are we allowed to come up with our own costuming ideas, or do we need to get them approved? Also, I was very saddened to hear that we are not doing a pre-show as I would've loved to write and work on an opening.

4 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I have a couple fencing foils and a dagger (currently in R&J) you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One, I'm reading the blogs, though not always commenting. Always go crazy far with small characters! The director will pull you back, and especially in this class if you have textual basis for the decisions then they will be inclined to allow you the freedom. I think costuming is definitely a performer's choice though running it by the director never hurts. Though now the problem becomes, which director?...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you're with Matt, going to outer space with the character will be a good thing.

    As for weapons, if you don't bang it up, I have a Louisville Slugger you can tote around in addition to bladed stuff. It's a good stand in for a broadsword.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has all been very informative! Thank you guys. I'll talk to the director to see if Eglamour can be loaded for 5.1.

    ReplyDelete