Sunday, January 16, 2011

The first place my mind goes..

Costuming! I know it's early to be thinking about what we will wear on stage but its the first thing I thought of. I figure that since the focus of this course is the acting costuming is most likely a low priority. Despite (or perhaps in light of) that I would be willing to work outside of the confines of the class on costuming for the show. Since I'm in cast A, that would be my priority. I wasn't really thinking anything fancy, mostly just seeing what things we have that would work. That said, I also feel that there should be some coherency among the costumes in each cast. (Does everyone know by now that I have a giant trunk full of costumes for a myriad of different times and styles?) I would really love for my character (Thurio) to wear a Top Hat (I have one). Has anyone else had thought on this yet?

3 comments:

  1. I have not thought about costuming, except for I know I get to use a staff!!! Which is very exciting for me (not sure if that counts as a costuming piece...). I am excited to see what ends up happening costume-wise and show-wise!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't thought too much other than how will I differentiate the comic Speed from the noble Duke. Costuming may have to take a heavier role to seperate the two characters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty excited about figuring out Sebastian's costuming and seeing how costumes evolve out of character.

    ReplyDelete