Monday, January 17, 2011

Switching directors

I just had a thought I wanted to share: talking with everyone after our first rehearsal seemed to reveal that Prof. Kelly and Prof. Davies are really approaching the play - or at least the characters - differently. That actually makes me more excited, not less, for when we switch directors half-way through, since both casts will get to have a little bit of both of their approaches. We can easily resolve any outright contradictions that ensue as the process moves on, and as for mere "inconsistency" - well, we all know what Ralph Cohen kept saying last semester about consistency. I really do agree with him on that, so I'm actually really happy with the plan and hope that working with both directors stretches us and our performances.

Anyway, that's what I expect and hope for.

1 comment: