Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello All, I am posting to confirm my invitation and to wish everyone well. I am still working through memorizing my lines. In an attempt to help myself memorize I have created two audio tracks one with my lines and one with my cues. So far its been a big help but only time will tell. I'm sure you all have your own methods of memorizing but I thought I would throw out my little discovery to you. I look forward to Monday with shaky nerves and lots of excitement.

Best,
Kimberly

2 comments:

  1. Audio tracks are super helpful. I did that for Cassius! I also know people who write their lines down on paper several times to help them memorize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I do is scan it. Then, make sure I have a rough meaning down. Then record (via audio recorder) all my cue lines in different voices so as to differentiate the characters for onstaqe (if there are more than 3 people involved) so I can get used to hearing the cues. Then once I think I have them down I run them by someone reading the cues and looking right at me to apply pressure and direct confrontation (This makes sure the line stays active in my head and able to recite it when called upon in front of people).

    Thanks for your ideas I may give those a try to see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete