Monday, January 24, 2011

A Lot of Little Logistics

So, as Thurio I feel that I am on stage for a long time without saying anything. In the one year of Acting I took at in undergrad, we worked a lot on acting on the line, but very little on what to do when you have no lines. That is something that I will be interested in working on in class today.

By way of finding something to do with Thurio when he's not speaking, I also noticed that one of the editing notes suggests that Thurio leaves almost as soon as Proteus. Then he returns where our book says "Enter Servant" and says the servants lines. I think that works and we'll see what Matt and Colleen want to do with it in class, but it saves us having to find someone else to be the servant.

Lastly, I wanted to add to the discussion of an intermission. While each show is only going to be 90 mins and therefore intermissions don't really feel necessary for the audience, as someone who has recorded plays before, I can tell you that 90 mins is too long for one tape. Therefore, if we want the plays recorded and put in the Library, we need an intermission in in the middle of each play as well as between them. I hope this helps with thinking about whether or not to put in an intermission to give speed/duke time to change.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the servant in that scene has been cut.. I just didn't realize it.

    Also, I felt that I did a good job dealing with the time that i'm on stage with no one talking to me or talking to anyone.

    ReplyDelete