Saturday, January 29, 2011

What Others Bring To A Scene

Jonathan, my fabulous Valentine, said something to me the other night about our scene together and after that conversation I got to thinking about how amazing it is acting with other people and how much it brings to a scene. Rehearsing lines on your own is wonderful and before coming into a rehearsal an actor already has a sense of who their character is and what they want out of the scene. But when you throw in another actor so much of that can change. Another actors portrayl of their character can change your tactics and can completly alter the energy of the scene. Thinking about these things made me realize even more a) just how much I LOVE being an actor and b) how lucky I am to be acting with all of you! We are such a talented class and I am just so proud of everyone's work. I can't wait to see what Cast B is doing with Matt Davies and I am so excited to share our work with them. Thank you all for inspiring me even more and for being so fabulous!!

3 comments:

  1. Rachel, it's so true. Rehearsal - living contact with another human being - inherently changes at least something about even the most precise and thorough preparation.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the other cast's take on the play as well, and Rachel: I meant what I said before. Thank you for your precision and relentlessness in rehearsal last week; it really helped me believe in the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Rachel, remind me to explain to you some of the discoveries Colleen Kelly and I made about that scene when she was working with me on bows. I'd prefer to show you them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The discoveries, I mean. Not the bows. (Although you'll see those too, eventually.)

    ReplyDelete