Monday, January 31, 2011

Late night musings

Hey all, insomniacal tendencies striking, so I thought I'd share my thoughts from today's rehearsal.

I thought we had some terrific conversations about the interplay between Valentine and Thurio, Silvia and Proteus today. The problems of both Courtly position and the potential problems of aggression between Valentine and Thurio wasn't something that had particularly struck me as important, but it really informs how I react to Brian (and vice versa) and can give the final scene some extra punch when Thurio gives up straight away.

I'm really enjoying developing the bromance aspects even further as we get closer to blocking and developing the betrayal scene. I'm excited to see what AJ and I can do with the dichotomy of emotions between Valentine and Proteus after V's banishment. Have to say, I loved the gag Matt inserted after Proteus' kiss of Sylvia's hand. I think that will play even better as we go along.

Looking forward to next week!

2 comments:

  1. I have to say I really enjoy watching you and AJ's relationship on the stage. I think it is interesting and far more dynamic than the relationships between you and your respective love interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like if the relationship between the love interests and us were anything but superficial courtly love shows then the betrayal and subsequent forgiving would be just as odd as it has been speculated to be. The friendship has to be something that you can tell has been there for years and is slowly cracking, which is what I'm really enjoying playing with so far.

    ReplyDelete