Monday, February 14, 2011

Musical Interludes

Hey all,

This is just following up on Liz's thoughts about musical interludes. I would love to do them, as I am all for any chance I can get to sing (especially when people are FORCED to listen), but I'm worried about seeming as though we're just following an ASC mold. I think that maybe if we have the time, and could figure out an interesting way to do it (e.g. Shannon's use of music in R & J), then we should go for it.

Maybe we should have a meeting soon with anyone interested being involved in music, to start throwing out ideas. Also, Liz, you already know this but I LOVE the idea of With or Without You. Kim also suggested a Julia/Lucetta song by Bon Iver (Lovin's for Fools).

I think that if we want to do it, we should start the process soon. Besides, I don't think it would hurt us to have outside music rehearsals anyway, even if all we do is the song within the text. We do have a lot of musical talent in our casts, and it would be awesome to showcase it.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be involved (I can sing). Let me know when you're planning on meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to throw out Mumford & Son's "White Blank Page" as well.

    ReplyDelete