Monday, March 14, 2011

Cast A Discussion Group?

Hello all!

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed today's rehearsal. For all you fellow Cast A-ers out there, the beginning discussion was particularly insightful Hearing where you all are in the process was very helpful to me and brought up a lot of thoughts and ideas for my dealing with Julia. I'd love to talk more about it. I found myself thinking really hard about the Julia-Silvia relationship. They are so very different. I see Julia as this sort of frantic, over dramatic, very young girl and Silvia seems so much more poised and collected. Then they meet. I started thinking about what this meeting does to Julia; how it changes her. Weirdly, I'd given this relationship very little thought. And that is just one of many things today's little rap session brought up for me.

If anybody is interested, I'd like to suggest some sort of informal gathering to continue the discussion. I know we're all busy, but I think it would be a great way to continue building, not only our individual characters, but to build some cast unity in terms of understanding where we all are in the process and helping each other out with stumbling blocks. Even if not everybody is interested, I am sure we could get together a group and carve out an hour or two to sit and chat.

Let me know if anybody would like to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment