Monday, March 14, 2011

Who is Sylvia? Cast A Option

Hey guys,

So I've been worrying over the Who is Sylvia section for Cast A as we still haven't figured out a great way to do it. I have a possible solution. For whatever reason, the words keep running through my head to a tune from the Episcopal Hymnal, after some research this morning, I found out that it is a Welsh tune called HYFRYDOL. It's very recognizable as a tune, but also has this nice airy sort of tone. Also, because of the way it is written, it lends itself to the awkward construction of this poem, which for me was the major stumbling block in finding music. I have found sheet music for it, and I think if we arrange it some probably for guitar and if Kim's willing for accordian than we are set. I'm more than happy to share how I would sound it out, but for now you can search You Tube to hear it (do note we can alter tempo as a few videos I watched were slow...) And I'm embedding the sheet music below:

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I'm gonna go to youtube right now and see if I can listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Michael! I was just about to post something about this song business. If you could show us how you think it should go today, then I can come home to practice it. Monica, perhaps we can get together sometime this week to run it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also was going to ask about the song today.

    I'm not sure what you guys have in mind, but if you want to use me, I can sing, so I'm at your disposal.

    ReplyDelete