Sunday, March 13, 2011

Responses mostly

I'm all in favor of doing warmups, and I will be at Blackfriars a half hour early to look at sketches that Brian might have, and if there is any space available, be ready to stretch...that being said, we may just be waiting in the lobby, which might not be the best place for warming up, but still we can run lines.

Secondly, I think that the ending is still problematic, and that all three actors playing Proteus, Valentine, and Sylvia need to figure out a way to make the weird reconciliation/offering Sylvia as a commodity to the would be rapist plausible if we are set on a traditional "happy ending" - the most awkward thing for me right now is the idea that Sylvia is willingly giving her hand to Proteus - regardless of the almost-but-not-quite molestation scenario, she just said "I do detest false perjured Proteus"... I think she still detests him somewhat....however, that is not what we are covering tomorrow.

If we find space I'd be happy to lead warm ups tomorrow, but if somebody else wants to do it I have no qualms of yielding leadership to them. I think that if people are planning on wearing certain shoes during the performance for their costume they should be working in them by now. If you want to stretch, I suggest comfortable clothing you can move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment