Monday, March 7, 2011

Warm-ups? Fight Call?

Since we have finished the blocking portion of rehearsal I thought maybe we can do group warm-ups before rehearsal to build cast unity. Just a suggestion. The other matter I have involves the bandit scenes that will need further rehearsal if we plan, as we have, to use rapiers. I don't know if we will be able to set up outside rehearsals, but I do believe those scenes will need some major thought.

I would also like to learn how to appear like an amatuer swordsman. I realize that for stage in order to look bad at fighting you have to be very good with the weapon. I have very little experience working with the rapier, but am willing to work on it enough for the performance. I would also like to put out there that I would love to write a pre-show speech. Another matter on when the performances show also came up. For the benefit of an audience can we have some hours separating each casts performance?

4 comments:

  1. I would not have a problem splitting the warm-up leading duties with someone else. Anyone want to join me in that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing group warm-ups is an excellent idea.

    Angelina, you'll lead them for our cast?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I very much agree that a few hours should separate each cast's performance as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be happy to lead as much as I can. I'm a bit rusty, but I'll do my best.

    ReplyDelete