Saturday, March 19, 2011

Meeting with Prof. Davies

My post is genius to Angelina's. I wanted to sing the praises of working with Prof. Davies. I mean this with no brown-nosing intended, but rather to encourage anyone who hasn't yet, to meet up with him. Working with him on my soliloquies helped me figure out exactly why Proteus has two long speeches in such a short time span. The first speech is the raising of his questions and doubts, then he goes to think on what he's just said, and comes back with his answers. Prof. Davies also had me do an exercise where I had to pick the two most important words in each line and hit those words (the 1st most important got the harder stress, 2nd got the lesser stress). I've been going through the speeches and the whole script doing that, so hopefully I won't be as all over the place with my emphasis, now. Again, I urge you to meet with him if you haven't but said you would. It's well worth the 15-30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I second that. Of course I still have more to learn, but it was very beneficial in where I am taking my characters and how it fits in correlation with the vision of the piece.

    ReplyDelete